Donuts for breakfast?! Is it a cheat meal? Not in this case (at least it doesn’t have to be)! Each donut hole has only 60 calories, 2 grams of fat, and absolutely no sugar! These are simple to make and easy to eat on the run for a great breakfast treat. So satisfy that sweet tooth with zero guilt and make these delicious donut holes today!
CHOCOLATE DONUT HOLES
- 1 scoop ProSupps Whey, Chocolate Fudge Cake
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup granulated stevia (or your preferred sweetener) plus extra for topping (optional)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. instant coffee granules
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 whole egg
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 TB nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 TB coconut oil, softened
How to Prepare
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 12-count donut hole pan with non-stick cooking spray (if you don’t have a donut hole pan, you an use a mini muffin pan). Set aside.
- Mix the protein powder, flour, sweetener, cocoa powder, coffee granules, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Be sure to remove any clumps.
- Next, in a separate bowl whisk the egg, almond milk, yogurt, and vanilla until completely smooth. Let sit for approximately 10 minutes until room temperature, so when you add in your coconut oil it doesn’t clump up. Once at room temperature, whisk in the coconut oil until smooth.
- Now add the wet mixture into the dry ingredients bowl and gently fold together until just mixed (avoid over mixing, as this will make your donut holes very dense).
- Spoon the batter evenly into each of the 12 donut hole forms. Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Keep a close watch, as they burn easily. It’s better to have on the moist side versus over baked and dry.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with granulated stevia and or protein powder. Let cool on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes before eating. Enjoy!
Per 3 donut holes (recipe makes 12): 170 calories, 11 grams protein, 17 grams carbohydrates (1.5 grams fiber), 6 grams fat
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT