by Allison Frahn
Wow your Thanksgiving guests with this healthy and simple to prepare Spicy Pumpkin Hummus Dip. It is a powerhouse of flavors that combines sweet pumpkin, creamy chickpeas, and nutty tahini paste with just the right amount of bite from a warm blend of spices. Its smooth consistency makes it a perfect appetizer dip for veggies, pita chips, apple slices, etc. Enjoy!
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 2 TB sesame tahini paste
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (adjust up or down depending upon desired level of spiciness)
- 3/4 tsp. cumin
- 5 tsp. olive oil
- 4 tsp. lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes (garnish, optional)
How to Prepare (so simple!)
- Put pumpkin and chickpeas into a food processor, and process until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients to food processor and process again until smooth.
- Scoop into a bowl and garnish with red pepper flakes (optional). Dig in!
- Per 1/3 cup (recipe makes 6 servings)
- 130 calories
- 3g protein
- 13g carbohydrates (4 grams fiber)
- 7.5g fat
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT