We all love cake pops. They’re fun, they look adorable and they taste incredible. Most of them contain a bunch of sugar and unhealthy ingredients though and really aren’t all that good for you. What if you had a recipe for delicious and healthy cake pops though? One that could be gluten-free, sugar-free and low carb? Yes, please! They fit perfectly well into any active and conscious lifestyle and can be a guilt-free treat at any time. This cake pop recipe is packed with nutrients and superfoods that are actually good for you. They have a light and fluffy cake texture and you don’t need to go for a two hour run to burn off those extra calories.
Ingredients (makes 12 Servings)
- 2 scoops Women’s Best Protein Powder (Vanilla)
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour (can be substituted with almond/oat flour)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp. plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. shredded coconut flakes
- Optional: top with chia seeds, goji berries, chocolate drops etc.
- 12 Cake Pop Sticks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl, then add the wet ingredients. Stir in the shredded coconut and prepare the cake pop tins. Grease them with some coconut oil.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes. Let cool. Mix some honey with the plain Greek yogurt and garnish with shredded coconut for the frosting.
SOURCE Women’s Bes https://www.womensbest.com/