Spicy and Crunchy Curry Chickpeas
Makes 4, 1/4 cup servings
- 1–15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more if you like it hot!)
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- After rinsing the chickpeas, lay them out on a clean kitchen towel and pat dry.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, curry powder and cayenne pepper. Add in the chickpeas and toss to coat.
- Spread the chickpeas in one layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, stirring once or twice while baking. Or until the chickpeas look “dry” and have a slight crunch to them—they’ll get increasingly crunchy as they cool.
Nutrition per 1/4 cup serving: 138 calories, 4.6g fat (0.6g sat), 20.5g carbs (4.0g fiber), 4.5g protein